My name is Tiara O’Malley and I was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA. I went to Bishop Montgomery High School and graduated with Magna Cum Laude honors. After high school, I attended college at Loyola Marymount University, located next to LAX airport. While in college, I was a general education and special education teacher’s aide, as well as having participated in my church’s community outreach group. I graduated from LMU in 2006 with Cum Laude honors, which was no easy task! I was a substitute teacher right out of college at Fontana Unified School District and eventually served as a Special Education Language Arts and Math teacher at Wayne Ruble Middle School. I went on to teach whole-day Kindergarten in Banning, CA at Little Creator’s Preschool and Kindergarten School.
In 2006 I met the love of my life, Gabriel O’Malley! We got married April 23, 2009. Shortly after, we moved to Texas. We lived briefly in Longview and currently reside here in White Oak. We love living in Texas and enjoy the sense of community here in our small town. When we first moved to White Oak, my husband started his new truck driving job and I began substitute teaching here at White Oak Intermediate. I am currently one of four 3rd grade teachers.
Being that this is my first year at White Oak Intermediate School as an official 3rd Grade Teacher, I have to admit that I am surrounded by the world’s best staff EVER! Working here has been nothing short of a blessing because I have learned so much on how to be a better teacher. I believe that children learn best in an environment that cultivates their personal thoughts and ideals. It is so important to validate each student by listening to them and praising their strengths while helping them enhance focus points. All children, like adults, learn differently. Therefore it is my continual responsibility to take time to adhere to each child’s learning modality and see to it that they are educated efficiently and with good old fashioned TLC.
I love working with children so much and I know that God called me into this profession for a reason! I believe that teaching is not a destination, but a journey. I urge my students to know that education and the whole classroom experience is a two-way street; teachers and students learn from each other alike and that is the beauty of it all! I look forward to a long and fruitful experience here with the White Oak staff, students and families.
***Little Known Facts About Mrs. O’Malley***
- Favorite Shows: I Love Lucy, House Hunters, Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern
- Favorite Hobbies: Reading, collecting Disney memorabilia , visiting museums, learning about dinosaurs
- Favorite Movies: Beauty and the Beast, Jurassic Park, Twilight Saga, Harry Potter Series
- Favorite Colors: Pink and green
- Favorite Food: Mexican, Mexican, Mexican!
- Favorite Snacks: Gala and Pink Lady apples, White Cheddar Popcorn
- Favorite Books: The Giver, Twilight Saga, Harry Potter Series
- Favorite Animals: Panda bears, Polar bears
- Favorite Stores: Kohl’s, Dillards, Bath & Body Works, American Eagle, JC Penney, Dressin’ Gaudy
- Favorite Places: Disneyland, Medieval Times, Knott’s Berry Farm
- Biggest Inspiration: Jesus Christ